These are the most decadent tasting healthy crepes EVER.
The cherry compote gives a gorgeous sweet sauce to the dish, and makes for a healthy replacement to golden syrup. The crepes are also gloriously gluten-free and full of raw, hearty ingredients. The best part? You don’t have to stop after eating one!
Try it out for a taste of pure heaven.
For the crepes:
- 2 eggs
- 120ml almond milk
- 120ml water
- 100g coconut flour
- 35g raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
For the cherry compote:
- 200g whole cherries
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a blender, throw together all the crepe ingredients and blend until well combined. Add in the almond butter if you prefer a thicker crepe.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Now you can do the cherry compote… combine the cherries with the honey, water and cornstarch and mix well in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over a medium heat at first whilst the ingredients meld together. Once this happens after several minutes, move to a lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the cherries are soft and the mixture looks thick. Stir constantly throughout, even 2-3 minutes so that the thick mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little oil and add about ¼ cup of the crepe batter or just enough to cover the bottom for a thin crepe.
- Fry for 1 minute on one side, flip and cook for another 30 seconds on the other side. Remove and lay flat to cool. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- On the flat crepe, add a dollop of plain natural yogurt, fold up and drizzle the cherry compote over the top. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon juice for a divine crepe experience!