This banana cake is ridiculously good and super healthy. Naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and pineapple juice, you’ll get a gorgeous taste of the exotic with the tasty spices and gooey sponge. Coconut is optional – but it is pretty special with it sprinkled on!
- 75g coconut flour
- 50g almond butter
- 50g dessicated coconut (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tin with parchment paper
- Beat the eggs, bananas and pineapple juice until well combined.
- Add in all the other ingredients, folding the flour in in sections. Keep mixing until the mixture is thick. If you need more thickness, add in a little more flour.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, scatter with the coconut and drizzle a little of the pineapple juice over the top and allow to soak through.