If you’re like me and you love putting coconut on everything – whether it be sprinkled on your porridge, popped into your muesli, or a staple fixture of your late afternoon trail mix – then you’ll be eager to try my coconut jam slice recipe.
It was difficult to come up with something that a) was healthy and wasn’t packed with sugars and b) tasted like the stuff you get from the supermarket… and I think I found it with this recipe.
In this recipe, I add oats as well as lots of coconut to give it a real mealy texture and flapjacky decadence. Try it out this weekend for a gorgeous teatime treat. You can also package them up and they’ll stay fresh for several days.
- 200g almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 100g oats
- 2 eggs
- 50g coconut flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Low sugar jam (I use Stute or Smuckers)
- 30g coconut flakes to decorate (I use Nudie Snacks coconut chips and blitz these in the food processer).
- Preheat your oven to 180c and butter a baking tray
- Warm the coconut oil on the hob and add the rest of the base ingredients until fully covered. You should have a doughy consistency now.
- Push the dough into the baking tray and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Once cooled, cut into 20 thick slices.
- Add the jam to the base of each slice and pop another slice on top them.
- Press a generous amount of coconut flakes into the top of each slice.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until the jam is cooked into the slice enough.
- Eat up!