This week it’s Celiac Awareness Week, which is why it’s only right that you’re treated to some yummy triple chocolate chunk cookies to celebrate! Just don’t eat all the cookie dough before they’re baked!! 😉
Flourless and full of flavour, these homemade cookies are much nicer than what you’ll find in the gluten-free sections of the supermarket. These are made with only natural ingredients and no nasty chemicals or heaps of sugar are added to compensate for the lack of flour. You also truly cannot beat that ‘fresh out of the oven’ taste!
- ½ cup (1 stick) grass-fed butter, softened
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut (instead of white sugar)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated almonds
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped raw dark chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C
- Cream together the butter, sugar, almonds and coconut until pale.
- Add the egg and the vanilla until well combined.
- Throw in the oats and cocoa powder to thicken it out a little. You might want to use more/less depending on its thickness.
- Stir in the chocolate ingredients and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Spoon out into small balls and pat each one down slightly with the back of a spoon. Make sure the cookies are spread out with enough space between each (about 2 inches).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they start to go slightly browned on the edges.
- Leave to cool and set – now you can eat your triple choc gluten-free goodness!