Guest post by Susan Hamilton of Home Remedy Book.
You’ve just walked through a few parks and already feel a tightness in your chest. Does this sound familiar? The irritating sensation is mucus and fluids building up in your chest.
Once this feeling appears, many turn to the internet to find home remedies for chest congestion.
Chest congestion is responsible for mucus buildup after breathing in bacteria, viruses, pollen and dust. The mucosa cells react by becoming inflamed and irritated.
Consequently, they react by giving you a headache, the lung tightness feeling and maybe a stuffy nose. Some also have symptoms of wheezing, shortness of breath, dizziness and heavy snoring.
Sometimes, the doctor’s appointment is within a few days, but you want to get rid of the symptoms now. So, should we expect immediate effects from home remedies for chest congestion?
What’s the deal with home remedies?
Home remedies are simple to prepare and natural medications or body tonic recipes which you can administer without prescription or supervision.
They usually consist of plants, herbs, spices, vegetables and fruit with medicinal properties backed-up by studies and/or biology knowledge. Some of the most common home remedies may consist of your favourite vegetables and herbs, as you can see from this article.
Home remedies work and are prepared differently depending on each culture. However, you will find that many cultures inherit some unique home remedies and use them in traditional recipes.
Typically, they include natural recipes which are specialised for each condition. They have some impressive effects and may save the day when change congestion occurs.
However, home remedies are sometimes subject to caution:
* If you have allergies to specific ingredients.
* Sensitivities due to a diet required by the healthcare specialist.
* Overdosing potential, by not following instructions.
* Sometimes, they require medical surveillance – for some ingredients.
You should know that home remedies usually ease symptoms of conditions. However, to make sure you treat the cause, you should see a doctor. You can use home remedies for chest congestion to treat symptoms and feel better while waiting for the healthcare specialist appointment.
How can I soothe chest congestion at home?
Below you can find the most common effects of home remedies for chest congestion.
* They clear your lungs of mucus buildup and balance your supply of oxygen.
* Soothe throat irritation.
* Dissolve mucus and minimise the inflammation.
* Boost immunity and therefore they help your body cells cure chest congestion quicker.
* Minimise pain and cough by strengthening the trachea and lungs.
* Increase your body supply of vitamins to prevent the infection’s spread.
* Remove bacteria from your body and minimise the congestion.
Home remedies for chest congestion are effective at minimising symptoms and usually don’t carry along potential side effects. And while they might not substitute the doctor’s advice, they do perform well enough to help you sleep and leave the house for an appointment.