Beat the bloat with this gorgeous overnight chia flaxseed pot.
Packed full of healthy fats to keep you satisfied throughout the morning and into lunch, and incorporates heavenly spices and lots of mixed fruits so you get all the taste of a decadent dessert in this healthy pot. Eat for breakfast or as a tasty snack!
Related posts: The Digestive Benefits of Oats
Overnight Chia Flaxseed Pot Recipe
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 4 tbsp rice milk
- 70g porridge oats
- 1 orange – zest and juice
- 15g chopped dried dates
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 100ml tepid water
- 50g raspberries (or any berry)
- Soak the chia and flax seeds in the rice milk and leave to sit for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, orange zest and juice, dates, cinnamon, ginger and warm water. Stir well and leave for 30 minutes also.
- You can leave these to soak separately overnight. Or, alternatively start the layering and leave to soak then…
- In a serving jar, put a layer of the soaked chia and flax seeds (around 2 tbsp) on the bottom, then a layer of the orange date mixture, then a handful of berries, then do again until all the ingredients are used up or the jar is full up. Any leftovers can just be popped into another jar.
- Leave to soak overnight and serve up the following day! Yum.